Starting your own business can be both exciting and scary. Do you have the necessary tools to succeed? Do you have a sustainable plan in place to achieve success as an entrepreneur? Whether you're startingt a new business, managing or optimizing an existing business, the Library offers great online resources to guide you along the way and help you overcome whatever challenges you may face.
The Charlotte Mecklenburg Library’s Resources Center has just added the Small Business Resource Center and the Small Business Builder to support small businesses. The Small Business Resource Center offers support to help plan, fund, and manage a business. The Small Business Builder provides a guided path to help develop a comprehensive plan for a business. Together, the two online resources work to assist both current and prospective entrepreneurs.
Library resources, programs and staff can be essential in helping entrepreneurs reach their goals. You can find these tools listed on the Resources page.
- Provides content covering all major areas of starting and operating a business, including financing, market research, human resources, management, marketing, franchising, and taxes.
- Offers assistance on creating business plans.
- Contains relevant resources from business journals, magazines and eBooks.
- And much more!
- Small Business Resource Center - Resource Guide (link is external
- Small Business Resource Center - Webinar (link is external)
- Small Business Resource Center - Business Plans Tutorial (link is external)
- Provides a guided approach to business planning.
- Highlights five areas of exploration: Entrepreneur Profile, Business Ideation, Break-Even Analysis, Business Plans and Financial Projections.
- Provides supplemental resources, tools and templates, tips and deliverables on demand.
- Offers the capability to download/export individual documents and entire
- Small Business Builder Quick Tips (link is external)
- Small Business Builder Resource Guide (link is external)
- Small Business Builder - Plan for Business Success (link is external)
- Small Business Builder Webinar