Did you know that the Library offers account holders free access to lynda.com's library of instructional videos? Normally, using lynda.com requires a paid subscription, but Charlotte Mecklenburg Library cardholders can access lynda.com content with just their library card number or ONE Access account and password.
What’s available with lynda.com?
Over 4000 courses in Business, Technology and Creative Skills taught by industry experts. Most tutorials last several hours but are broken into multiple chapters.
- Photography: how to shoot photos that tell a story, choose the right gear, edit photos and more.
- Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and more.
- Web design: Web graphics, Interactive Design, Prototyping and more.
- Social media and web publishing tools like Facebook, Twitter and Wordpress.
- Business and career skills: productivity, marketing, time management and more.
- Job Search Tools: Resume design, Searching for Positions, Working with Recruiters and more.
Don't know where to start?
Those who aren’t sure what they need can browse curated playlists to get started in any subject. These playlists are like a mix tape—they're a great way to discover new topics you never knew you wanted to learn.
You can access lynda.com using your Charlotte Mecklenburg Library card or ONE Access account (CMS student or staff ID number). If you don’t have a library card yet, you can apply below.
If you do have a library card or ONE Access account number, start using lynda.com right now. Once you’re logged into lynda.com, the next step is to create a personalized account by entering a name and e-mail address. This account can help manage your course history, playlists, bookmarks and Certificates of Completion.
Take a closer look at lynda.com today to discover a new skill you'd like to learn—on your time!