Mother’s Day is coming up and what would be a better gift than the perfect book? Celebrate Moms in every stage of motherhood with these five great reads - and the best part of this gift? It’s free and available at Charlotte Mecklenburg Library!
1. For Expectant Mothers: Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mother’s Soul
Whether this is a first pregnancy or not, these stories will warm the Mother-to-be’s heart with tidbits of wisdom and moments of humor.
2. For History Buffs: Founding Mothers: The Women Who Raised Our Nation by Cokie Roberts
Mothers have always had a hand in shaping our nation. Find out more fun facts about First Mothers from Cokie Roberts in this enlightening read.
3. For Mothers of Young Children: If I Wrote a Book About You by Stephany Aulenback
Mothers and younger children will love reading this beautifully written and charmingly illustrated picture book that details the bond between mother and child.
4. For Mothers of Daughters: Shared Wisdom of Mothers and Daughters by Alexandra Stoddard
Stoddard shares lessons she taught her daughters and also the lessons she has learned from her daughters in this simple and reflective work.
5. For Mothers of Sons: The Rainbow Comes and Goes by Anderson Cooper
CNN’s Anderson Cooper and his famous mother, Gloria Vanderbilt share their private correspondence in this revealing and poignant chronicle of their relationship.