Younger readers have access to even more reading options, thanks to a digital resource sharing service for kids’ pre-K through 4th grade called NC Kids Digital Library. It’s an easy, safe and fun way to browse with your child for the digital titles they want to read.
NC Kids Digital Library offers more than 3,700 e-books, audiobooks, streaming videos, and Read-Alongs, and includes picture books, youth fiction, youth nonfiction, and more. Titles are accessed with OverDrive's digital reading platform, and are instantly available for every child, at home and everywhere.
Plus, NC Kids Digital Library features a "Book of the Month," which means borrowers have access to unlimited simultaneous use of that title for the whole month.
2017 Book of the Month titles are:
- March 2017 - Judy Moody Was in a Mood (Judy Moody Series, Book 9)
- April 2017 - The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Stink Series, Book 1)
- May 2017 - Mercy Watson to the Rescue (Mercy Watson Series, Book 1)
- June 2017 - Judy Moody, Girl Detective (Judy Moody Series, Book 9)
- July 2017 (no Book of the Month)
- August 2017 - Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Stink Series, Book 3)
- September 2017 – Franklin Goes to School
You can access NC Kids Digital Library using your Charlotte Mecklenburg Library card or ONE Access account (CMS student ID number). If you don’t have a library card yet, you can apply below.
If you do have a library card or ONE Access account number, start using NC Kids Digital Library right now.
NC Kids Digital Library is sponsored by NCPLDA: NC Public Library Directors Association, NCGA: NC General Assembly, with assistance from State Library of NC a division of the Dept. of Natural & Cultural Resources and supported by an IMLS federal LSTA grant. Learn more.