Have you heard about Read Charlotte? Announced back in February, it’s a community-wide reading initiative to double the percentage of third grade students reading at grade level.
The Executive Director of Read Charlotte is Munro Richardson. Recently, the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation caught up with Richardson and asked him to share his top ten favorite books. There are some great titles on this list, and we hope they’ll inspire you to think of your top ten.
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo
- The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- The Rational Optimist by Matt Ridley
- The Social Animal by David Brooks
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder
- Harry Potter (entire series) by J.K. Rowlings
- Berkshire Hathaway Letters to Shareholders (1965-2012) by Warren Buffett
If you want to check these titles out, all but one are available in the Library’s collection.
You can learn more about Read Charlotte in these two articles: