NYTimes.com is a multi-platform news tool that provides access to New York Times and International New York Times content, including breaking news, multimedia, reviews and opinion, blogs, videos and more. NYTimes is updated 24/7. Access includes all online content except for the crossword puzzle. Full access is provided for NYT articles published between 1851 thru 1922, and between 1981 thru current day. Access to the years 1923-1980 is limited.
To access the New York Times via Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, you will need to use an individual New York Times account.
From inside the library:
- Use a library computer or connect your own device to the library wifi
- Go to nytimes.com/register
- Register with your personal email address or click on "login here" if you already have created a New York Times account.
- Enjoy unlimited access to the New York Times!
For offsite access:
- Click on the remote access link
- Enter your library card number
- Click "Redeem" to get 24 hours of continuous access
- Register with your personal email address or click "login here" if you already have created a New York Times account.
After 24 hours, you will need to redeem another pass by repeating these instructions for continued access. *A limited number of offsite passes are available per day.