OverDrive is a collection of e-books and digital audiobooks offered by the library. E-books and audiobooks can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, (including Kindle), or mobile device. OverDrive e-book titles can be read online using OverDrive Read and audiobooks can be listened to online using OverDrive Listen. Streaming video is also available! Mobile and tablet customers, download the OverDrive app for iOS and Android.
- Not all devices are compatible with OverDrive. Check the list of compatible devices.
- Only interested in seeing content for Kids or Teens? Check out our Kids Reading Room and Teens Reading Room.
- Looking for business, entrepreneurialism or job-related information? Click here to access the Business Shelf.
All you need to get started is your Charlotte Mecklenburg Library card number or ONE Access account number. You can check out up to 10 items with a maximum 21-day loan period. Place holds on items that are checked out. Return items when you are finished or they will be automatically returned when they are due so you never accumulate late fees! Need help with OverDrive? Check here for help or contact your local Library.
Using a mobile device? There are currently two app experiences for OverDrive.
- The classic OverDrive app: Find help here.
- Libby is a new app developed by OverDrive, designed to get you reading as quickly and seamlessly as possible. Learn more about Libby and find help here.