SELF-e is a self-publishing program where local indie authors can share publish their e-book through the Library. Authors looking to promote their work and increase readership and exposure can submit their work to Charlotte Mecklenburg Library's SELF-e program to be featured in the statewide Indie North Carolina's collection, with the potential for national exposure.
How does the SELF-e Program work?
- Authors submit their works to Charlotte Mecklenburg Library's SELF-e program
- All submissions are vetted by Biblioboard and then Library Journal further vets Adult and YA fiction submissions
- After the book is vetted by Biblioboard, it appears in Biblioboard Library in the statewide Indie North Carolina Collection
- Adult and YA fiction titles deemed by Library Journal as high-quality works are labeled as SELF-e Select titles. In addition to appearing in the statewide Indie North Carolina collection, these titles will also appear in the LJ SELF-e Select collection, which is available to Biblioboard users nationwide.
How do authors submit their work to SELF-e?
Authors can submit to SELF-e in three ways:
- Visit Charlotte Mecklenburg Library's SELF-e page (click ACCESS NOW).
- Authors can submit their work directly from Pressbooks under the "Publish" option.
- From the Biblioboard Library menu option, authors can click the "Submit to SELF-e" link and will be redirected to the SELF-e Page.