The Library is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace.
Current Open Positions
- To view a job description or apply for a position, please click "Apply Now" below. You must have an active email address to apply for a position
- Library Assistant (University City Regional)- go to: https://meckcounty.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/434?c=meckcounty
- Sr. Library Assistant (Teen Services)- go to: https://meckcounty.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/417?c=meckcounty
- Sr. Library Assistant (Children's Services)- go to: https://meckcounty.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/409?c=meckcounty
- Library Aide- Continious posting, various locations
- Sr. Human Resources Leader- Open until filled. go to: https://meckcounty.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/178?c=meckcounty
- Chief Executive Officer - for all inquiries reference, https://clcbsearch.com/position/chief-executive-officer-charlotte-mecklenburg-library/ Position open until filled
The Library has a strict policy prohibiting harassment, violence, threats, physical attack, property damage or any other actions that may create a hostile work environment.
Employees attend safety-related training, and each location's safety procedures are continuously reviewed. Library security officers work closely with the Charlotte Police Department.
The Library strives to offer competitive compensation packages. All employees are eligible for annual salary increases. Employees and their managers develop individualized work plans used to establish clear goals and provide guidance to the employee. Performance excellence is a continuous, collaborative process.
All Library positions are regularly reviewed to determine fair market-based compensation.
The Library is committed to keeping employees informed of current trends and technologies in order to provide reliable and accurate information to patrons. Training opportunities are available for all employees through classroom courses, e-learning, conferences and seminars.
The organizational purpose of FOREWORD calls for the pursuit of greatness in service of others. It asks employees to be driven by more than personal gain. It gives meaning to work, conjures individual emotion, and incites collective action.
Each organization, and its brand(s), has a story. And in the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library system, we are its authors. We are a trusted, collaborative and passionate group of curators, connectors and enablers. What our customers and community seek, we help find, whether that be information or resources for education, work or pleasure. We have the purpose and privilege of equalizing and improving the lives of all our citizens and advancing our community through trusted content, knowledge and connections. We are the keepers of our history and the gateway to the future. We improve lives and connect the communities in our system, creating a contagious joy that fuels our mission. In all that we do, we help write the next chapter for Mecklenburg County so that together, we move FOREWORD.
These are our six guiding principles:
Employees in regular full-time positions are eligible for benefits.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Medical, dental, and vision insurance is available to eligible employees. The Library provides medical and dental insurance through CIGNA. Vision coverage is administered by United HealthCare Vision.
Life Insurance is available to eligible employees in various amounts of coverage.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Library provides confidential help for personal, work-related and family problems through a partnership with Business Health Services. There is no cost to the employee or family member.
Eligible employees begin earning vacation credit on their first day of employment. Up to 30 days of unused vacation may be transferred from one year to the next.
Eligible employees begin earning sick leave credit on their first day of employment. Full-time employees who do not use any sick leave for 7 pay periods earn 4 additional vacation hours.
All employees are provided free parking at Library branches and at select lots in the uptown area for Main and ImaginOn employees.
The Library provides a series of paid holidays.