Newsbank provides library customers with digital access to The Charlotte Observer. Databases can be searched separately as well as together. Articles are searchable by name, keyword or phrase.
Included in our access:
- Charlotte Observer (Historical access, 1886-1984) is an image database.*
- Charlotte Observer, The (NC) is a text database** and provides access from 1985 to the current date.
- Charlotte Observer, The (NC) 2018-current is an image database.* Use this option to view the daily paper.
- Charlotte Observer: The Blogs (NC) is a text database** that includes all the blogs published by the Charlotte Observer from 2005 to current.
- Charlotte Observer, The Web Edition Articles (NC) are available from 2007 to current.
- Charlotte Post, The (NC) content is available from 2006 to current.
- Charlotte Semi-Weekly Observer (1892-1892).
* Image database: When you view or select a date, phrase, etc. the results will show an image of the article as it appeared in print.
** Text database: A text database provides access to the text of the article, but it does not include images or display that article as it appeared in print.
How to access The Charlotte Observer content with your library card:
- Use the ACCESS NOW link below. You will be prompted to enter your library card or ONE Access account number.
- Choose which database you want to search. Options are on the left side of the page under Shortcuts. Click “Charlotte Post” or “Charlotte Observer Historical and Current”.
- If you select “Charlotte Observer Historical and Current” you can search both databases using the search box at the top of the page. If you want to search a specific year, review the options listed under "Sourse" and click the link to the Charlotte Observer that contains the year you would like to search.
- Articles can be printed, saved as PDF or emailed.
Need help? Newsbank provides tips and tricks here.