Indie Author Project is a self-publishing program where local indie authors can share publish their e-book through the Library. Authors looking to promote their work and increase readership and exposure can submit their work to Charlotte Mecklenburg Library's Indie Author Project program to be featured in the statewide Indie North Carolina's collection, with the potential for national exposure.
How does the Indie Author Project Program work?
- Authors submit their works to Charlotte Mecklenburg Library's Indie Author Project site
- All submissions are vetted by Biblioboard and then Library Journal further vets Adult and YA fiction submissions
- After the book is vetted by Biblioboard, it appears in Biblioboard Library in the statewide Indie North Carolina Collection
- Adult and YA fiction titles deemed by Library Journal as high-quality works are labeled as Indie Author Project Select titles.
How do authors submit their work to Indie Author Project?
Authors can submit to Indie Author Project in three ways:
- Visit Charlotte Mecklenburg Library's Indie Author Project page (click ACCESS NOW).
- Authors can submit their work directly from Pressbooks under the "Publish" option.
- From the Biblioboard Library menu option, authors can click the "Submit Your eBook" link at the bottom of the page and will be redirected to the Indie Author Project Page.