Share your talents. Learn new skills. Meet new people. Create a literate community.
In the last year, more than 1,480 volunteers donated 54,607 hours of their time to support our Library – valued at more than $1,388,656 in donated services! The Library is very fortunate to have so many dedicated volunteers helping us create a more educated community! It's a big job but a rewarding opportunity, why don't you join us?
Become a Library Volunteer
Please be aware that you must first create a profile in CERVIS and then secondly "apply" for a position listed at your branch. You will see a job title and job description and at the bottom of the page a button that says "Apply to participate in the project."
The Library offers a diverse range of opportunities to volunteer. Each position requires varying lengths of commitment and training, however, the steps to apply are the same for everyone:
- View service projects by clicking "Become a Volunteer"
- Search service projects by keyword (tutor, circulation, logisitics, reading buddies, etc.) or branch name
- Click on the service project name to see the full job description
- Click "apply to participate in this project" at the bottom of the page. If you haven't already registered/set up a profile, you will be prompted again.
- Once your application is received and reviewed, we will invite you in for a meeting. At the meeting you will learn more about the duties involved, and have an opportunity to interview with staff.
Have more questions about the Volunteer Program? Find answers in our frequently asked questions.
Take a look at the Volunteer Handbook for more information.
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at (704) 416-0711 or via email.